Receptionist / Administrative Support
Radius Engineering is a small, high-tech, engineer-to-order firm, supplying R&D and manufacturing equipment to the worldwide aerospace composites industry. We offer a collaborative environment that welcomes and rewards individual expertise, enthusiasm and effort. Voted by DWS as one of the top places to work in Utah.
Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
Answer and direct incoming calls
Greet and direct onsite visitors
Distribute daily mail; open and date stamp invoices
Monitor and order office supplies
Fill copy machine paper and toner. Basic copy machine troubleshooting; arrange service and repair. Monitor and reduce copying costs
Event Planning (holiday party, summer movie, celebrations)
Arrange for and frequently pick up refreshments (coffee, pastries, lunch, etc.) for visitors and guests
Set up conference rooms for meetings
Ensure conference rooms and lunchroom are clean and orderly daily, including coffee pots. Monthly deep clean of refrigerator and kitchen
Frequent projects supporting Accounting, Human Resources and other departments
Skills and Training you need for this Position:
High School degree or GED. Some college preferred
Proficient in office skills including filing, typing, editing, catching own errors and high quality work. Eye for efficiency and process improvement. Detail oriented, very organized
Consistently reliable on attendance and assignments. Above average work ethic
Interact professionally and pleasantly with customers and co-workers, by phone and in person
Excellent spoken and written English
Demonstrated initiative, self-motivation and follow-through. Proactive. Able to determine when to exercise independent judgement and when to seek advice. Able to work independently; also a solid team player
Solid computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word; the ability/desire to learn new programs
Clerical or entry-level interest in Human Resource Management and/or Accounting. Able to maintain highest level of confidentiality and communicate discreetly
Social media skills desired. Interested in using social media for recruitment
Must have a drivers’ license and clean driving record
Able to lift up to 25 pounds; will occasionally need to do some lifting and hands-on tasks
US citizen or green card holder
Approximately 30-40 hours / week, starting at 7:45 am. Start time not negotiable.
Must be able to work at a computer 6 – 8 hours each day
How to apply
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Excellent working conditions and benefits. EEO; women & minorities encouraged. This position is in Salt Lake City, Utah. US employment eligibility verified.
Position: Engineering Manager / Chief Engineer
Responsible for engineering oversight throughout the company and for
leadership, guidance, and oversight of engineering teams on the design and
production of composites technology and equipment.
Engineering Manager Responsibilities
- Manage engineering team tasks, priorities and schedules.
- Motivate staff and provide technical direction and guidance, recognizing the role as that of both manager and mentor.
- Organize and lead the regular scheduling and resource planning meetings.
Chief Engineer Responsibilities
- Work with President to identify and address various strategic business goals, such as development of improved engineering discipline at Radius.
- Lead, advance, and develop the company’s engineering processes for product design, review and release in accordance with the QMS, and for improved project profitability.
- Define and enforce best-practices engineering standards and methods.
- Formalize engineering practices in conjunction with Product Managers.
- Manage the engineering design process according to industry best practices; implement continuous improvement in these processes.
- Participate in all design sessions and formal reviews: Check and approve new design content and documentation as well as design changes and documentation. Approve all design releases.
- Promote the company's quality system and cultivate a work environment of continuous improvement.
- Work with engineering teams to identify technical and program risks and define plans for risk mitigation.
- Ensure company’s equipment and systems adhere to safety requirements and standards applicable to both domestic and foreign locations.
- Passion for design and engineering.
- BSME/MSME or in other engineering discipline.
- 10-15 years’ experience in mechanical or electro-mechanical equipment design and manufacturing in an ISO-certified engineering environment.
- Demonstrated abilities in engineering team management and leadership.
- Extensive experience in manufacturing equipment including prototyping, design, analysis, inspection, assembly, testing, maintenance and safety.
- Thorough knowledge of risk management, and failure modes and effects analysis.
- Experience in structural analysis using both classical hand analysis and finite element techniques.
Radius is an engineer-to-order, world leader in technology development and manufacturing equipment for the global aerospace composites industry.
This position is a challenging opportunity to lead design and engineering in a dynamic and supportive team-based work environment.
Voted by the Department of Workforce Services as one of the top places to work in Utah. Excellent working conditions and benefits.
No smoking. EEO; women & minorities encouraged. US employment eligibility verified.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.