Position: Engineering Manager / Chief Engineer
Responsible for engineering oversight throughout the company and for
leadership, guidance, and oversight of engineering teams on the design and
production of composites technology and equipment.
Engineering Manager Responsibilities
- Manage engineering team tasks, priorities and schedules.
- Motivate staff and provide technical direction and guidance, recognizing the role as that of both manager and mentor.
- Organize and lead the regular scheduling and resource planning meetings.
Chief Engineer Responsibilities
- Work with President to identify and address various strategic business goals, such as development of improved engineering discipline at Radius.
- Lead, advance, and develop the company’s engineering processes for product design, review and release in accordance with the QMS, and for improved project profitability.
- Define and enforce best-practices engineering standards and methods.
- Formalize engineering practices in conjunction with Product Managers.
- Manage the engineering design process according to industry best practices; implement continuous improvement in these processes.
- Participate in all design sessions and formal reviews: Check and approve new design content and documentation as well as design changes and documentation. Approve all design releases.
- Promote the company's quality system and cultivate a work environment of continuous improvement.
- Work with engineering teams to identify technical and program risks and define plans for risk mitigation.
- Ensure company’s equipment and systems adhere to safety requirements and standards applicable to both domestic and foreign locations.
- Passion for design and engineering.
- BSME/MSME or in other engineering discipline.
- 10-15 years’ experience in mechanical or electro-mechanical equipment design and manufacturing in an ISO-certified engineering environment.
- Demonstrated abilities in engineering team management and leadership.
- Extensive experience in manufacturing equipment including prototyping, design, analysis, inspection, assembly, testing, maintenance and safety.
- Thorough knowledge of risk management, and failure modes and effects analysis.
- Experience in structural analysis using both classical hand analysis and finite element techniques.
Radius is an engineer-to-order, world leader in technology development and manufacturing equipment for the global aerospace composites industry.
This position is a challenging opportunity to lead design and engineering in a dynamic and supportive team-based work environment.
Voted by the Department of Workforce Services as one of the top places to work in Utah. Excellent working conditions and benefits.
No smoking. EEO; women & minorities encouraged. US employment eligibility verified.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.